Opening Position: Part-time faculty
Job Duties: Responsible for providing acupuncture diagnosis and treatment for patients, and instruction to students, based on advanced knowledge of Oriental Medicine. Specific duties include:
(1) diagnosing patients and developing treatment plans according to oriental medicine principles and techniques;
(2) performing needling treatments through acupuncture point simulation;
(3) executing treatment therapy, including acupuncture, massage (tuina), and moxibustion;
(4) applying advanced knowledge of herbal remedies to treat conditions through herbal properties, addressing taste, toxicity, preparation effects, contraindications, and incompatibilities;
(5) dispensing herbal formulas and informing patients of dosage, duration, side effects, and drug interactions;
(6) evaluating treatment outcomes and recommending new or alternative treatments to promote, restore, and maintain health;
(7) teaching students about oriental medicine theory and treatment, including preparing course plans, completing evaluations, and demonstrating acupuncture techniques; and
(8) following safety and related rules enforced by the requirements of the Georgia Board of Acupuncture Practice.
Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) is preferred; or
M.S. degree in Oriental Medicine (MAOM); five years of clinical experience in acupuncture and oriental medicine;
knowledge of acupuncture techniques and standards established by NCCAOM; and license or eligibility for license exemption to practice acupuncture by the Georgia Board of Medical Composite.
Any interested person should, please submit resume with cover letter to
HR, Atlanta University of Health Sciences